Marketing and Communications Internship (Spring 2023)
Internship opportunity with the New-York Historical Society
This paid internship is funded by the Cultural Engagement Internships program and is only available to students at Fordham College at Lincoln Center and Fordham College at Rose Hill.
Marketing & Communications Internship
10-12 hrs/wk (120 hours total)
Hybrid: Interns will be asked to work on site at least one day per week (~7 hrs.), with additional hours TBD by intern and supervisor. Some weekend and evening hours may be requested.
Start Date: February 6, 2023
End Date: April 14, 2023
About the New-York Historical Society:
Experience 400 years of history through groundbreaking exhibitions, outstanding collections, immersive films, and thought-provoking conversations among renowned historians and public figures at the New-York Historical Society, New York’s first museum. A great destination for history since 1804, the Museum and the Patricia D. Klingenstein Library convey the stories of the city and nation’s diverse populations, expanding our understanding of who we are as Americans and how we came to be.
The Marketing & Communications Intern will work with the New-York Historical Society’s Marketing Manager to plan and implement our voter registration and college/university outreach programs. They will be directly involved in the process to create dynamic programming and help the Museum reach new audiences.
This intern will be tasked with the following:
- Design the look of the space to be fun and inviting
- Write needed informational materials needed and work with our creative team to design and produce them
- Create follow-up sequence to keep visitors in touch with the Museum
- Tracking results and summary reports each month
- Design an outreach program to get students to visit the Museum (social activities,
- programs, etc.)
- Create special materials, working with Student Activities Departments and visit schools
- Write materials and work with our creative team to produce them
An applicant for this position should have the following skills:
- Outgoing, social
- Ability to work as part of a team and with other departments
- Good writing skills
The deadline for applications is December 4, 2022.